Thermal Masonry Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm making a brief reappearance to ask for opinions/advice while I'm back in the UK for a while.

I have my auntie asking me to repaint the outside of her house (which is well insulated but apparently still too cold!) with InsOpaint, thermal masonry paint. I must admit that I've never heard of it before, and don't see what difference this paint will really make, but it's been recommended to her by a friend and she is pretty insistent on using it.

Just wondering if any of you have used it? If so, is it easy to apply, does it give a good finish, etc.???
I'm not too concerned about letting her pay for it but don't want to use something which is difficult to use, looks bad or doesn't last because the walls are in good condition.

Sponsored Links
Cant really see that a coat of Paint applied externally will make a great deal of difference to the Internal Thermal Qualities of a property,
maybe the Interior paint may have reflective qualities to keep the interior Temperature up,
It does sound a bit of a "Green" Sales Gimmick to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back