thermal property of walls means cold damp walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in an end terrace, 1920 single skin concrete block house. The ground floor is concrete base too.
The main bedroom has three exterior walls and we have serious condensation problems so I am looking to overboard these walls. Anyone got any tips, I have found a great company which gives full specifications but mentions that the back boxes I will need for the electrics will need to be extra depth. Can I just remount the existing boxes to the new finished face?

I have read the U values (thermal conductivity rates) are not good for concrete walls but cannot find any true values on a easy to use table as I have been verifying my heating requirements before getting a wood burner and back boiler. This site has been good for this and my results look about right considering the kw values I am getting correspond with the rads and it is all ok when the heating is on. When the heating is off it quickly soaks into the walls and the temp drops. I intend to over board throught my house. If anyone has some thoughts on going this way about things it would be much appreciated.

This one is a bit of a cross topic but really I need advice on the overbaording which seems to be best place in ere

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back