Thermal Store choice

GVR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to buy and fit a thermal store and would like to know if anybody has any experience of the following systems -

Heizer TF - www.waterheating.uk.net

Pandora - CPC-150-ABBAA

Gledhill Torrent - T170SP

I have an open vented sytem, and use a Potterton Profile to heat the water in the cylinder.

All three use a different method of heating the water, and some are made of S/S and others copper, is one better than another ?

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi GVR

I'm also looking at either purchasing or as detailed in threads on here DIY building a system. (see DIY heat bank)

Information on which of those systems might be better or worse is a bit sparse so I'd be interested in finding similar facts if anybody has any.

Hi All
I'm on my third thermalstore (Albion)in 10 years :( ....they keep rotting through the coil..Make sure they are installed correctly and inhibitor provided.
I'm changing mine in 3 weeks to a Valliant boiler and a stainless mains pressure cylinder so hopefully some trouble free years ahead :D
Best of luck

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've heard there have been some issues with the Albion's before.

I want to install and maintain myself though so a Megaflow or any other unvented is out - although I appreciate they are a very good solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back