Thermcouple problem / testing

Is there anyway I can test the thermcouple to prove it's the fault?

We had a discussion about this 2 - 3 months ago. I measured 28 milli-volts when my thermocouple was hot and not connected. The resistance of my thermo couple was 0.2 ohms.

You will need the lowest voltage range on your digital test meter. Mine is 400 milli-volts.

Connect one probe to the outside of the thermocouple, the other to the inner connection.

Because the voltage generated by the thermocouple is very small, the centre contact and it's mating surface must be very clean & bright. The connection also has to be screwed up tightly, but not too tight to strip the thread :)

As previously mentioned, you do all this at your own risk. If you don't feel competent, you should call in your local friendly RGI.

HTH

Sponsored Links
lines from full metal jacket ten dollar love you long time
op have you checked the over heat stat linked to the thermocouple :?:
but seriusly i charge arround 50 60 to change a thermo couple it not much for peice of mind

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back