Thermostat change - Honeywell to Salus RT300RS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My existing Honeywell has 3 wires connected to it. L, N and heating load. The new Salus I have bought shows 4 connections L, N, Comm, NO (Normally Open).

So the L and N I can deal with but which of the other two terminals will the heating load wire connect to? I would assume the NO, but will that be connected to L when the unit switches to heat demand?

My system has:-

1 x boiler
2 x zone valves (one for upstairs heating and one for downstairs heating)
2 x room stats (one upstairs and one downstairs)

It is the downstairs one that I want to change out as it is hidden by wall hangings.

Sponsored Links
My existing Honeywell has 3 wires connected to it. L, N and heating load. The new Salus I have bought shows 4 connections L, N, Comm, NO (Normally Open).

So the L and N I can deal with but which of the other two terminals will the heating load wire connect to? I would assume the NO, but will that be connected to L when the unit switches to heat demand?

1 x boiler

It is the downstairs one that I want to change out as it is hidden by wall hangings.

What model is the honeywell thermostat and what model is the Salus thermostat please?

1 x boiler

What model is the honeywell thermostat and what model is the Salus thermostat please?

The Salus is an RT300RF and the Honetwell is a T6360B.
Thanks for your help :D

Sponsored Links

1 x boiler

The Salus is an RT300RF and the Honetwell is a T6360B.
Thanks for your help :D

Ensure the 230v link in in place BEFORE you wire this up, (it can be removed for volt free applications).

LINE - Live conductor (red / brown) connects L (top middle terminal) COM

NEUTRAL - Neutral conductor (black / blue) connects to N (bottom middle terminal) N

Switched Live (your heating load) must have brown sleeving on to indicate a live conductor. Connects to SL (top right terminal) NO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back