Thermostat cut out connections and bracket to fix ? STRESSED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I hope I have attached photo correctly .

Need help on 2 fronts .

Need to replace a Thermostat cut out as per photograph for a Delonghi professional cooker ( small circular about 10mm in diameter with 2 female connectors ) .

First question is both wires that need to be connected are red so how do I know which male connector should be attached to which female connector ?

Second question the thermostat was held tight to cooker by a springy type bracket which has now disintegrated . Where can I find this kind of bracket To hold the thermostat tight to the cooker as in the photograph .
Hoping someone with superior knowledge can make my day and give me two easy answers .....please .

Sponsored Links
This looks like an overheat cutout.....correct? If the spade terminals are the same size and there are no other markings then it shouldn't matter which way round it goes.
Can't understand the bracket issue I'm afraid...it may be a manufacturer only part.
John :)

Thanks John with help on wires .

In terms of bracket photo not good but it was held tightly against the cooker with piece of thin metal across the centre diameter of the thermostat and screw fixing to the right which went into back of cooker . Without this fixing it will just hang loose and looks like the diametere needs to be touching a flush circular connection on the back of the cooker . Visited all DIY shops and spoken to Delonghi direct but they only supply parts not fixings .

Anyway really appreciate your input .

Sponsored Links
I think you will need to improvise a fixing. If you get a paper clip you could straighten it out, form a small loop at each end, screw one loop to the cooker with the existing screw and drill an extra hole the other side of the thermostat for an additional self tapper screw. You could thus strap the component on with the paper clip wire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back