Thermostat/Receiver not activating boiler. And ideas pls?

The blue light should be on in manual mode (according to the instructions).
I think this is what the electrician said before as far as I remember.

So you are saying that in automatic mode the red light comes on when calling for heat, but boiler stays off.
Yes this is correct.

And in manual mode the red light comes on when you ask it to, and the boiler comes on.
In manual mode ( when I turn it manualy I mean by turning the manual switch ON) no lights come on the receiver.

Sponsored Links
Please read your receiver instructions. There is a manual mode associated with that which is what I've been referring to.

Sponsored Links
In the manual mode with the blue light on, then pressing the learn button is supposed to turn the boiler on and off manually.
If it doesn't then there is something wrong with the NO connection.

Ok I'll try this. So shell I turn the blue light ON then turn the red light ON too or OFF? and this suppose to turn the heating on?
Do you recommed I reset anything before hand?
And silly question but I know nothing about boilers so how do I know the boiler is in manual mode? Cause the blue light says A/M so which one is it? Are you saying the blue light ON it's an manual mode?

That's what the instructions say. If you haven't got them then download them like I had to.
Then put both lights on and see if that turns the boiler on.
I know nothing about the controls on your boiler.

Ah. right.

Plumber dislodged the wire ???

Well he said that he didn't touch the thermostat but I wouldn't have a clue. He had to take the boiler off the wall so possibly but then he've done it twice within last week the first time it didn't effect thermostat but the second time it stoped working.

Ok I'll try this. So shell I turn the blue light ON then turn the red light ON too or OFF? and this suppose to turn the heating on?
Yes, just press the manual button.

how do I know the boiler is in manual mode?
No such thing - we have been talking about the receiver.

Cause the blue light says A/M so which one is it?
Automatic/Manual. Automatic = manual off.

Are you saying the blue light ON it's an manual mode?
Yes.

I don't suppose the boiler has an integral timer which should be set to permanently on - but isn't.

Yes, just press the manual button.

No such thing - we have been talking about the receiver.

Automatic/Manual. Automatic = manual off.

Yes.

Sorry but the above doesn't work.
How do I turn the automatic mode pls on the receiver?
And can I have a link to the instructions I have got the original ones but it doesn't say anything about how to switch from mode to mode plus no guides on what lights or modes should be ON in my instructions.

Thanks in advance

I've read this instructions and couldn't find any answers or clues but will have another go later on. It's probably me not understanding it.
What confuses me is this A\M button. It's one button so how do I know when it's manual and when is automatic. But from this what you're saying when the blue is off then it's on the automatic mode?

So do I understand it correctly:
1. On the BOILER the switch should be on ON position
2. The receiver should be on automatic mode for the thermostat to work automatically (so I donut have to turn it on manually when I require heat) which means blue light OFF
3 than the LEARN-red light should be ON

If this doesn't work there's possibility that wire need looking into?

By the way I've turned the heating on and on the receiver red light come on too so I was wrong before saying that the receiver doesn't work when I turn heating manually on.
Just incase this will make any difference.

I've got strange filling that all I need to do is to turn the automatic mode on for it to work but what do I know about boilers

Thanks for you time and advice.

I appreciate this thread has been dormant for a while but I found it while looking for a solution to the exact same problem. In case you wound up here for the same reason, here is what worked for me:

I had the same issue as the OP, the Thermostat Transmitter was showing the "flame" symbol as the room temperature was lower than the temperature set point.
The Red Light was ON on the receiver (Indicating heating demand)
But...the boiler was not coming on.
When the receiver was put into Manual Mode (Blue light ON), hitting the "learn" button (which doubles as the heating on/off button when in manual mode) did not turn the boiler on either.
Over the course of a few days, the heating did seem to be coming on occasionally which had me baffled.
The next time it was working, I put it into manual mode and the ON/OFF button was working ok. I put it back to Auto and it suddenly shut off when it should have still been on. Bingo!
I'd made it fail by pressing a button. It turned out that it wasn't the actual button press that caused it to fail, it was the slight flexing of the receiver during the press that showed what the problem was. A loose wire in the Receiver back plate.
It had a good mains connection (so the receiver was lighting up and working the internal relay) but the link to the boiler was loose and intermittent.
I (turned off the power to the boiler) and opened up the receiver and tightened the screws.
Power back on and all working again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back