Thermostat removal at wire centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a drayton wiser. The programmer plate looks easy enough and also the thermostat but I want to remove the older Drayton thermostat from the hallway.

I believe I have found the corresponding wires that lead from the thermostat to the wire centre and are labelled 2 and 3 on the wire centre diagram.

I now believe I need to disconnect both these wires to remove the stat but aware that I have left the circuit open.

This now leads me to my questions.
To complete the circuit I assume I need to connect 9(programmer heat call)...... Somewhere. I have a strong feeling that it goes into 4 to complete circuit but I would love some guidance please.

Attachments

• IMG_20190302_130031.jpg
    IMG_20190302_130031.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20190302_130039.jpg
    IMG_20190302_130039.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20190301_134752.jpg
    IMG_20190301_134752.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 285
Sponsored Links
Check to make sure; but the brown wire from the thermostat [L] terminal should go to the wiring centre [3] 'Room Stat Com'

&

The black wire from the thermostat [3] terminal should go to the wiring centre [2] 'Room Stat Call'

If so, remove both wires from the wiring centre, insert a link between terminals [2] and [3] in their place. Any other wires in the same cable that goes directly to the existing room thermostat can simply be disconnected.

Thank u for the reply. Very much appreciated. So I need not move 9 (heating on) from the programmer. I thought I would need to compete the circuit. Also the link going from 2 to 4 remains?

Nothing else changes. The other links stay as they are. The new link between [2] and [3] completes the circuit broken by the removal of the original thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much. I assume it's a case of removing the neutral and earth and capping all wires are both ends.

Last question sorry...I promise.
To link is there any specific wire needed. Again.... You are a diamond.

Last question sorry...I promise.
To link is there any specific wire needed. Again.... You are a diamond.
just cut a piece of the wire that you are removing from the room stat and use that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back