Thermostat / TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved house last winter and had a new Vaillant boiler installed with a Vaillant wireless programmable thermostat. All radiators in the house have TRVs fitted except the towel radiator in the bathroom.

Because I was doing some major renovation work last winter the thermostat lived in a box set to 15C so I didn't really put much thought to the system.

My question...

I'm aware that with a fixed thermostat it would be expected not to have a TRV on the room in question, however I'm not sure how best to work this system come next winter. Because of back problems I spend more time than a normal person would in the bedroom, and not much time in the lounge, so I guess I'm quite likely to want to move the thermostat between the two rooms.

So should I:

- Leave the TRVs as-is and set to a sensible temperature (risk being that the system runs longer than it needs to because the the room the thermostat is in might not be heating up as quickly as it could)
- Remove TRVs in both the lounge and bedroom (I don't like this idea because both rooms could get warmer than desirable)
- Turn the TRVs in these two rooms to the maximum (same problem as above really)
- Fix the thermostat in one room (which room, and if I do that should I remove the TRV in that room and rely on the the others to keep the rest of the house at bay?)
- Something else?

Sponsored Links
Remove the TRV head in the bedroom and set the Lounge one to the desired temperature setting and leave the thermostat in the bedroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back