thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a worcester bosh combi boiler and Drayton thermostat installed about 6 months ago.

I set my thermostat at 22 degrees. The boiler switches on and heats up the place no problem and switches off again once temperature has been reached.

Trouble is that it then takes a while for it to switch on again, letting the house and radiators cool down again. The house insulation aint that good!

Anybody got any ideas? Maybe the thermostat just isnt accurate enough?

cheers

Sponsored Links
It may be that your thermostat is sited in a warm room instead of the hall which is where they are best sited.
It should call for heat when temp drops below 22 (or whatever you have set it to). Obviously if it is still above this in the room of siting it will not call for heat.
Alternatively it could be knackered. :(

No idea if it has an anticipator in it. Its a brand new Drayton Invensys RTS1 Room Thermostat.

Whats the advantage of an anticipator anyway and do they usually have one fitted within?

I'm off to but a thermometer to see if the thermostat is crap!

Sponsored Links
The anticipator reduces the hysteresis. I'm pretty sure the RTS1 is electronic so doesn't need one - check the web site (Satchwell).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back