Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all.

My Vokera combi has a timer switch on the front, with the modes being on,off or timer.

However, i want a thermostat in the living room, and domnt want to have to lay a wire. So i found this

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...mable-thermostat-for-combi-boilers-p-350.html

I assume it will be just as basic as wiring a plug???

"Simply replace the inbuilt timeswitch with the supplied receiver and job done! No wiring to be done"

At the moment as there is no therostat, if we want heat, the boiler is alway on, an sometimes a fall asleep meaning i wake up roasting hot, and a little bit poorer.

Advice/suggestions.

Sponsored Links
It says 100m range in open areas so walls will probably reduce this. Apart from that - as long as your combi boiler is on the list then I can't see it being difficult. Just keep a stock of batteries!

Most combis have a removable link in the connection box that you replace by connecting to the switch contacts on the receiver.

If you do not have the instalation/operation manual you can visit the Vokera website & download one for your model, this will tell you where the terminal block is & show you the link to be removed for the stat. You will need to connect a live & neutral from the terminal block to the new receiver & link it through where you were previosly told to remove the link from the terminal block.

Sponsored Links
Reading the sales blurb you don't need to do anything like that - just take the clock out and replace it with the receiver unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back