Thermostatic Bar Shower not hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
I have a cascade thermostatic bar shower , which is fed by a twin supply 1.5 bar pump with decent pressure at shower head . The problem I have is water temperature does not get quite hot enough . I have tried adjusting the override for hot control (even removing it) but still not getting there . The cartridge appears to be working as it moves from very cold up to hot , well nearly hot ! Hot water cylinder is set to about 52 - not sure if this is actually hot enough , but it is at that as the water coming from taps is pretty hot . Any advice would be most welcome .

thanks

Sponsored Links
52 is too low. Should be set to around 60 (if thermostat about 1/3 way up cylinder) to avoid Legionella issues.

Try setting to 65 and see if shower is better, thus ruling hot water temperature in or out as the issue.

If then OK you could consider installing TMVs to other outlets if there are issues of age / infirmity with temperature of other hot water outlets.

Hi ,

I will give that a go and see how things work out . Is 60 the normal setting for these ? , did not realise it should be that high .

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back