Thermostatic concealed shower valve and only warm water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Comrades. I'm new to plumbing so be gentle.
I (well not me exactly) have installed a thermostatic concealed shower valve triple control by victoria plumb http://www.victoriaplumb.com/images...-including-Valve-Rail-Kit-Shower-Head_916.pdf

Its in, it was all flushed out by a plumber, who left after he thought it was working great. Trouble is the water is only warm - taps are hot in bathroom. I took off the hot and cold check valve covers - there is no grit in them - dont know if i can get the white valves out underneath the valve covers - they look small and fiddly to me with no obvious way of removing them.
I removed the thermostatic valve - no residue of grit there either. Ive turned up the thermostat as it was factory set to 42c - no difference.

I've lost the will to live, i have a soap dodging teenager at home and this shower situation is not helping that one bit.

Could the thermostatic be faulty or is this my dodgy repair work?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back