Thermostatic mixer shower with pump setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

When we moved into our house a year ago the installed shower and pump started playing up which resulted in unpredictable shower temperature to start with (probably thermostat) and a leaking pump to finish. We replaced both shower and pump but then had issues with getting the shower started, replacing some of the flexi-piping with fixed piping has improved this but we still have to turn the shower on, then turn the temperature right down before the pump kicks in.

We've had a couple of plumbers look at this, the first one (who replaced the shower) said a surrey (or essex?) flange might work but we weren't too impressed he hadn't foreseen the issue when installing the shower/pump so got a 2nd opinion who said we'd be best off replacing the pipework with 22mm.

I'm now aware the shower pump isn't in the correct position but this is how it was originally set up and was left the same when the pump/shower were replaced (see below images).

As the shower works I'm tempted to leave it but am nervous it might start getting temperamental so if i can get it resolved relatively cheaply I might do so.

Just after opinions to what might be the best solution please.

DSC_0768.JPG
DSC_0767.JPG
DSC_0766.JPG

Sponsored Links
The hot is connected to the Dhw expansion pipe, that needs to come straight of the tank using a Surrey flange

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back