Thermostatic mixer supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a new thermostatic mixer shower, and add a pump due to the hopeless pressure. Now, I've gathered that a thermostatic mixer doesn't have to have dedicated hot/cold feeds, because it's thermostatic. And due to the tight layout of my flat and the inconvenience of fitting a pipe from the hot water cylinder, it would be ideal to just use a branch pipe from the exisitng pipework.
Thing is, every fitting diagram for a pump I've seen requires a dedicated feed from the cold water cistern and the hot water cylinder.
Is this actually necessary, or can I fit the pump into the existing hot/cold pipes - probably at the bath taps?
Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
The cold isn't mains fed - it's from the cistern. So it would be alright to take the pump's hot and cold supply from the tap pipes?
Cheers
D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back