Thermostatic shower bar valve - does not get hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I installed a shower bar valve fed off a combi boiler. The shower does does not seem to get hot. The vave is preset at 37 degrees and I have adjusted it to run hotter, but it does not get any hotter. Any ideas as to why not would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure if I remember even seeing a restrictor in the box, would they go on both hot and cold sides? Thanks

have to ask, got the hot and cold the right way round ? the hot should be on the left as you look at the shower from the front.

Sponsored Links
Picasso is probably correct. Take it off and turn it upside down and refit it. Only take you 2 minutes. If shower works ok that way round the pipes are crossed.

It could be that your boiler is not recognising that you have opened a tap when you turn on the shower, even if it is fine on all other outlets. These bar showers seem to use a smaller flow of hot water when being used than a tap. This could mean that your boiler is not heating the water for the shower. Run the shower and see if the hot pipe from the combi is getting warm. If not could be a new diaphraghm / diverter valve required.

the pipes are definately the correct way round, I have felt the pipe on the hot side and it does get very hot, would you all agree it needs flow restrictors in the pipe?

Might just need calibrated have a look in the instructions it should tell you how to do it.

Try turning it round to see what happens anyway. Hot water will still get to the valve if it is piped the wrong way round. It will only take you a minute. If that makes no difference you need a flow restrictor fitted to the cold side.

Hi

I have the same problem with my shower its warm but never hot. How did you resolve it in the end?

I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back