Thermostatic shower - bend vs elbow - real impact on flow rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am currently working on the pipework which will feed a thermostatic shower. This one to be exact:

I am going to batten and plasterboard the wall, and want to minimise the gap and also avoid chasing, if possible.

I reckon that the minimum bend length in a 15mm pipe is about is 60mm, including the thickness of the vertical pipe, but not including any standoff from the wall.

An elbow would shorten that significantly, but what will be the real impact on flow rate?

Hot water is from a combi, and the cold pressure seems decent, but I haven't measured it. Bathroom is on the first floor.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeah that's the sort of thing. Not sure I have any 15s in the bits box to measure but they are a tighter radius.

Yeah that's the sort of thing. Not sure I have any 15s in the bits box to measure but they are a tighter radius.

Thanks for the help with this.

Just wanted to note that I finally got the swept bends and they measure exactly 40mm. Might be helpful for others in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back