Thermostatic Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While I'm in heating and plumbing mode I thought I'd chuck this one in.

We had a shower in the bathroom that my other half got from Freecyle before we met. She'd had it for about 12 years and it worked fine but just needed a update. I replaced it with a £180 Triton thermostatic shower. This went wrong within a week and they came out and replaced it. 3 or 4 months later, it started kettling and the head would be absolutely full of scale. I thought it might be a fault with the shower so I took it back and got a replacement. That one lasted another 3 or 4 months and started doing the same. The head would need emptying every other day and would be full of scale particles so that it would just spray water from the joints. We just thought it was our water so we persevered with it until it just died completely on Christmas Eve when it was still less than a year old.

Being Christmas, I nipped out and got a £40 Triton shower. It was the cheapest they had but I just wanted to get anything in so we had a shower over the holidays.

Nearly a year later and it's as good now as it was the day I installed it. You might get the odd nozzle go a bit wonky but a quick rub and it's fine again.

So, my question is why has a 40 quid shower lasted longer than 3 £180 showers? I'm just curious, really. I'm going to stick with what we have for the moment anyway.

Sponsored Links
Is the Triton an electric shower, i.e., mains pressure cold feed only?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back