Thermostats mixed up on Ultracom Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just need a bit of help with a Glow worm ultracom 35cxi boiler, please.
I've moved into a house and have 2 room thermostats, 1 on each floor. They are currently both set to turn on at specific times of the day. When I want to overide the timer and just turn on the heating, I can turn on the heating via the thermostat, but it's the opposite floor in the house that comes on/ Ie Turn on the heating from the ground floor thermostat and on comes the heating upstairs.
I'm assuming its a wiring issue connecting to the boiler. I've read the manual, and can see that the thermostats connect to X17 on the PCB, however how do these connect, as I've never done this before. Is it on the back of the PCB as there are no wires going into the front connector.
Hopefully makes sense ! Any help appreciated.
The Thermostats are Siemens RDEs

Sponsored Links
The thermostats do not connect directly to the boiler, but to two motorized valves.

View media item 11762
The thermostats and valves will normally connect via a junction box. The installer has got the valves muddled up.

Turn the power off
Remove lid of junction box
Find the brown wires for each valve
Swap them over
Replace lid
Turn power on

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply ..
I've attached a photo of the two valves, is it just a simple matter of swapping the brown wires ? Or would I have to rewire each valve.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
As said

Follow the black cables from those valves, they lead to a junction box, open junction box/wiring center and swap over the brown wires.

If that doesn't solve it, post back

Are we all on Silly pills?? surely the easiest way would be to simply swap the two actuator heads over?? - still it's sorted now! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back