These glues that stick anything.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just finishing our new ensuite and bought a sink towel rail (ex bathstore) off eBay. It's designed to bolt to a particular basin they sell but I thought I'd have a go at adapting it to my basin.
I cut up an offcut of steel lintel to give me 2 flat plates each with a 15mm square flange on, bolted the rail to them and then stuck them to the underside of the basin with multistick adhesive:
IMG_20190226_085828436.jpg

IMG_20190226_085758837.jpg

IMG_20190226_085934302.jpg

IMG_20190226_101723168.jpg

It's seems pretty solid at the moment but I wonder whether it will stay that way.......

Sponsored Links
Good job, but wont the pads rust?
It's galvanized because it's a bit of lintel but I'll give it a few weeks and if it's still there I'll smoothrite it.

My boys would have swung on it but are now teenagers so far too lazy to bend down to reach it and tend to avoid all areas associated with soap and water!

Sponsored Links
it fairly certainly will fall off maybe next week next month or 2 years time the important thing is there are no tiles on the floor to crack when it happens so not important when it does happen

If you scored both surfaces then I would say it would last a while, I rate everbuild products.

I think we all have that experience at some stage in our life.

Superglue is dissolved by nail varnish remover.

There is no glue that us mere mortals can buy from a mere mortal shop that will stay stuck for any length of time. Partly because the idiots in the EU have told us to take the good ingredients out of stuff and partly because mere mortal glue is pretty much crap. Industrial glues will hold up but us mere mortals cannot buy that as the pc brigade are afraid that we will stick ourselves to death.

As for nail varnish remover removing super glue, that's rubbish. I bought five litres of the stuff, after a similar claim on another forum, because I use Ever Build super glue and activator by the bucket load in my woodwork projects. It doesn't work. The only stuff that does work, to a degree, is super glue remover that, so far, I have only found in teeny tiny very expensive bottles and that stinks like week old pee.

As for nail varnish remover removing super glue, that's rubbish. I bought five litres of the stuff, after a similar claim on another forum, because I use Ever Build super glue and activator by the bucket load in my woodwork projects. It doesn't work. The only stuff that does work, to a degree, is super glue remover that, so far, I have only found in teeny tiny very expensive bottles and that stinks like week old pee.

Loads of people disagree - https://www.google.com/search?q=does+nail+polish+remover+dissolve+super+glue&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB843GB843&oq=does+nail+polish+remover+dissolve+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.22183j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back