Thick or thin bed adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58186&highlight=

for reference purposes only

i have finished tiling the floor (real tiles on a laminate structure (edge tiles from b and q)-no slivers -3 days work i'm well chuffed but tired

anyway onto the walls now. gcol has given me good advice for tiling but i have a problem

two walls are not quite level. where the window meets my aquapanel there was a gap. it had been tiled over previously but the tiles had cracked. i have filled that area level with the wall.

the second wall is where two rooms were knocked into one. the two surfaces are level for 80% of the wall but 20% there is a slight difference

a batten against both surfaces shows a difference of maybe 2 millimetres maybe 3 max. a batten levelled against the surfaces shows this gap. it is a small deviation.

can i get away with it with a reasonable amount of adhesive. should it be a thick bed adhesive to counter this and if so what manufacturer would you reccomend

the pic shows the filled area next to the aquapanel. the other area can be seen from the pic as an oblong shape right of my basin pedestal which is a different colour -brownier rather than pink

Sponsored Links
i posted this in the wrong section didn't i -doh!

please ignore-i'll post it in the right section

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back