Thicknesser problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me understand what has gone wrong with my planer thicknesser? It was working fine but getting a bit gunked up from stripping off bitumen from some parquet blocks so I took it to pieces and cleaned off al the bitumen etc. I put it back together and now the rollers don't seem to pull the blocks through so they get stuck under the blade and I get an uneven surface when I finally get the block out. I can't see anywhere that the rollers can be adjusted so I'm a bit bemused.
I cleaned the rollers with white spirit to get the bitumen off.
The planer is a rexon 317A

Sponsored Links
maybe the rollers are blunt?
i get a build of sap/gunge on my thicknesser at work.
i have to physically scrape the crud off of the serated rollers with a small screwdriver.

Sponsored Links
Is the infeed roller serated or rubber? the white spirit may have swelled the rubber making it slip on its shaft.

Also is the table clean and waxed, a buildup of resin will make the wood stick.

What are the blades like as most bitumen adhesive brings up sand fron the screed which will knock the edge of the blades.

J

Hi does the Rexon GPT-317a have locking system. When I turn the handle to adjust the height or lower. It’s not moving the cutting planer up or down. It has been standing in my father in laws workshop for sometime and guess what I don’t have any instructions or manual, so any help would be gratefully appreciated
Regards
Graeme

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 44

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back