Thicknesser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have hundreds of battens that I need to shave down to all 20mm, so was thinking of buying a auto feed thicknesser. Anyone got any experience with these, good makes and models?

Sponsored Links
Would a table saw with a rip blade not do the job? Or is it a planed finish you are after? If the battens require more than a couple of millimetres off them then initially rip sawing will be far faster, even if they need planing afterwards to get a visible finish

I've got a draper 1500W model, and it's a great, but has a lot of stupid little niggles, so I couldn't recommend it to anyone. The guard on top of the planer doesn't work sensibly. The planer works well and will cut 2mm of oak with ease, but the adjustment lever seem to be out on measurements, so you have to check the thickness you want rather than rely on the gauge on the size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back