Thin cracks in Kitchen ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have some very minor cracks (no depth to them, they just look ugly) on my kitchen ceiling which was plastered a few years ago - there's a couple, one above where the radiator sits, and one running to a loft hatch - neither are deep or long.

When it comes to fixing these up, is it just a case of filling (even though there's no depth to the crack I assume I'd need to do something in addition to re-painting), sanding and painting over? or does something more need to be done to stop them reoccurring?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Open the cracks up, with a suitable implement first, to form a V - before trying to fill them.
Thanks - these a minor cracks with no depth (smooth to touch, etc), but best practice is to make them deeper before re-filling?

It makes sense if so, but I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing!

Any particular fillers? Do I re-plaster or just use polyfilla or similar?

Sponsored Links
You learn to live with them. Sometimes we learn to let go, no matter how hard it can be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back