Thin trim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to sort out these windows:

IMG_20220610_120123036.jpg

The gaps are up to 15mm and behind the silicone mess is mainly void. I'm going to foam them in and finish with flat trim - problem is that the windows have been fitted too far forward - so the trim will finish flush or in some places past the brickwork. All I can think of is some 1mm thick pvc angle cut down might look better - any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Could you use some kind of architrave type trim but use something like a dremel to scribe the difference for a good fit?
it might take a while up a ladder with repeated trips up and down for adjustments?

Foam right in the the back of the gap and then fill with silicone but then slide the trim in the gap leaving flush or just below the brick face not as you suggest placing it flat on the window, just an option you maybe hadn't considered, it also reduces the gap you have to silicone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back