Think the filling loop is letting water through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the pressure on my boiler was low, so, I opened the filling loop (little black tap on silver braided flexi pipe) topped the pressure up and turned it off. however the pressure didn’t stop rising. Now the overflow outside is just like a running tap. Now I can lower the pressure by turning the sink tap on and reducing the water pressure or by turning the stop tap off.
this makes me think the filling loop tap isn’t closing when I turn it off.
Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Should be a black tap either end , both should be off. You may have snapped the black plastic meaning the metal valve has not moved , remove black section ( one small screw) and turn off using a set of pliers.

It’s just one tap though, the other end of the braided pipe goes into one of those silver barrel things that looks a bit like an isolation valve but with no turning bit for isolating.

Sponsored Links
Still might be what was said above, remove the screw and see if the middle spindle has actually turned. If it’s inline with the pipe then it’s not moved, if it’s across it then it’s letting by

Last edited:
It’s just one tap though, the other end of the braided pipe goes into one of those silver barrel things that looks a bit like an isolation valve but with no turning bit for isolating.
Will be a one way valve, prevents radiator water running back into your cold supply .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back