Thinking of installing Swann CCTV system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

Thinking of having two cameras, one covering the front drive/cars and one for the back garden. The problem I have is; I'm end of terrace so I would run the rear facing camera wire along the outside wall (high up), then come down near the front wall and into the house (my tv/boradband setup is in this corner). The front camera straight down and in the same hole. Unfortunately where the wires will drop down, they will be accessible from the footpath that runs along side the house.

How do I protect the wires from tampering? Is trunking going to be enough? Or am I over worrying that someone would go to the effort of being seen on camera cutting the wires?

I think it's going to be too much destruction running the wires internally.

Sponsored Links
You do not want the CCTV recorder next to your TV and other "worth stealing" items. If it is then the burglars will steal the CCTV recorder and you will have no evidential video of them. Why not take the cable up into the loft, across the loft and then and then down inside the house to the recorder.

I wouldn't worry too much swann don't exactly get brilliant reviews on here anyway.

Hide the DVR/NVR and secure it, its also possible on some systems like HIK IP to send stills emailed, also possible on some systems if your really worried to have off site recording. However bandwidth can make this prohibitive.

if the cable is exposed externally, just make sure the camera gets a good view of them cutting the cable, if they are going to do anything they are more likely to try and remove the recorder once inside than cut the wires as they have already been recorded at that point.

Sponsored Links
Stay the hell away from Swann....have done so many customer supply installs....NEVER AGAIN!!!

Call backs.......I'd say its 50/50 if it lasts 6months..

Go Samsung SRD-443/500gb drive

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back