This is harrowing - The Oxford High Schoool Mass Shooter

Sponsored Links
a murderous nut-job, that is intent on killing no matter what
So the murderous nutjob exists anyway ,and as you say he/she is intent on killing no matter what. Given that, it could also follow that it’s irrelevant how many guns there are or that they exist in the first place as he/she will murder with whatever weapon is available to them anyway.

it could also follow that it’s irrelevant how many guns there are or that they exist in the first place as he/she will murder with whatever weapon is available to them anyway.
It could but it doesn't.

These bastads want to kill as many as possible before they are taken down. They know the simplest route for US citizens to kill quickly and the instant they feel the murderous rage boil over, is via a gun.

By the time any sulky loner in the UK gets his hands on anything as convenient as an AR15, they are already bored with the idea.

Sponsored Links
The parents have now been charged with manslaughter

Apparently he had drawn and written stuff down and the teacher was talking to the parents about it at a meeting while the kid had the gun in his backpack. Crazy.

Have you tried buying a gun and carrying it openly here?
Sure it would be possible if I was intent on that sort of carnage. Can’t remember the last time I saw the police. How would they know I had a gun on my person?

Sure it would be possible if I was intent on that sort of carnage. Can’t remember the last time I saw the police. How would they know I had a gun on my person?

You can't buy a hand gun in the uk, ownership is illegal. How would you get one? Ok, you could get one illegally from a hand, but that isn't the same as buying one from Walmart.

You can't buy a hand gun in the uk, ownership is illegal. How would you get one? Ok, you could get one illegally from a hand, but that isn't the same as buying one from Walmart.
I doubt it would be important to me that it was legal if I was of the mindset to go on a killing spree.

I doubt it would be important to me that it was legal if I was of the mindset to go on a killing spree.

Yes, but it's a lot harder. If there is not a gun in the house, you can't go on a spontaneous killing spree. This is why there are so few shootings in the uk.

Yes, but it's a lot harder. If there is not a gun in the house, you can't go on a spontaneous killing spree. This is why there are so few shootings in the uk.
It's why the charges have been brought against the parents. Perhaps a step in the right direction, making gun ownership a responsibility.
It's utterly amazing to me, that guns are allowed to be freely available within the household, to all members of the family.

Jeez guys, why do you always have to start an argument over guns being available in the UK or not when there is this sort of incident in the states.

It is a simple fact that in the US there are more guins, more easily available and can be carried by more than here in the UK.
Either way, the ownership of a gun in the UK has feck all to do with it.

Over in the US they are a bunch of gun toting nutters and this sort of incident is going to continue as long as they have such easy access to guns.
I.e. you can purchase them at Walmart in the US.
You cannot purchase them at any supermarket in the UK, neither should you be able to.

Perhaps a high profile prosecution & lengthy sentences for the (parents) will make a few hundred thousand other US parents think twice about their own views on gun ownership.

But it won't though will it, because despite us ALL having more in common than we have differences, our thoughts & opinions are guided by a fractured political system & mainstream media. Whether you pro or anti gun I cannot imagine anyone wanting this to happen, yet we will once again dive to either the left or the right depending on what we want to hear.

Complex problems do not have simple solutions & I don't pretend that anyone has all the answers or that such a complex problem can be solved easily, quickly & without grief.

Sponsored Links
Back