This not D.I.Y

A friend's soon to be son in law approached the family and asked if they would object if he, against tradition, changed his name to the bride's family name. Why? He had long since felt abandoned by his own family; and his new in law family were the exact opposite- open and welcoming. Would that do?

As you asked, In my opinion, no.

Perhaps the only justification for it would be something like a witness protection program. Other than that, i struggle to think of something that "would do".

Sponsored Links
My Step Daughter whom is an adult at the age of twenty two has changed her surname by deed poll from McGregor "her Father's name" to Edwards "my name", I am absolutely chuffed to bits.

Whilst Deed Poll enables a surname change, to make this legally binding would I have to adopt my step daughter, I would do this in a heart beat?

Thank you.

Congrat's mate.
I have seen similar on youtube and the blokes get pretty choked up about it as it's a big thing for them - means a lot.

A friend's soon to be son in law approached the family and asked if they would object if he, against tradition, changed his name to the bride's family name. Why? He had long since felt abandoned by his own family; and his new in law family were the exact opposite- open and welcoming. Would that do?

You don't have to have a reason to change it by Deed Poll. Just fill out the form, have it independently witnessed by a non-relative and send it off. My old boss signed mine for me. Didn't ask why or anything. Think it took about 3-4 weeks to be confirmed and receive the confirmation it had been registered.

Sponsored Links
Back