Thorn M74 Boiler - Water and Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have moved to a big 3bhk house which has thorn m74 boiler for water and central heating.

It has randall 3060 timer control for central heating and water which has many options.

I was wondering what the thermostat in the boiler would do. Currently it is set to 3. If i increase the thermostat in the boiler, does it increase the water heat.

In a typical combi boiler, you will have controls for both water and heating like temperature control.

Since thorn m 74 is old boiler and the central thermostat is also old which has water once, water twice, heat once, heat twice timer option.

I am unsure how much time should i leave it to heat the water as sometimes it becomes luke warm. Whether increasing the thermostat in the boiler will heat the water quickly and retain more.

Please explain the same as I want to be ready for the winter.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Turn up stat to increase water temprature (normallY). But this is a very old boiler, with an open flue.

If you haven't done so already, I would strongly recommend that you contact a local INDEPENDANT RGI. Tell him you have no idea of the boiler history, and you should have it tested for safety. Explain BEFORE he visits, or quotes you a price, that you want some clear explanations on how to run the boiler. Dont get a big firm as the RGI will be in and out asap, and won't offer help in running the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back