Thoughts on buying a new printer

Sponsored Links
If you are not a heavy user just buy cheap printer from supermarkets , often under £30, the ink often costs more so it can be cheaper to replace the printer rather than buying more ink.
I think that's very sound advice, although it should be borne in mind that the ink cartridges supplied with printers is nowhere near equivalent to a full cartridge and won't last very long.

Certainly, it is a known fact that the manufacturers make their money, not from the printer, but from the ink cartridges you buy afterwards! Third party cartridges are a lot cheaper, of course.

If you only have occasional use for colour, you could buy a black-and-white laser printer and get colour prints from places such as supermarkets.

Several months ago purchased a Canon 'all in one' scanner, copier, ink jet printer - G3500 with wi-fi capability - it has refillable ink tanks, came with four full size OEM ink bottles. Black 135 ml, 3 colours each 70 ml.
Refills around £36 for a genuine pack colours and black, around half that for compatibles.
Two separate print heads - maybe £50 - £60 each, no data on longevity of the heads.
Thing appears to work ok no problems so far.

We also have an inexpensive Samsung ML1210 monochrome laser, bought new way back in about 2002, currently on second cartridge - never a problem, totally reliable thus far, has survived the various Windows versions with aplomb.

Neither of the above are used commercially - so, not heavily used ...
I think the 'all in one' concept is great and very useful.

-0-

Sponsored Links
pens_as_printers.png

https://www.urefilltoner.co.uk/test-lab-printer-reviews.html

I followed this guys advice and bought a brother 3150cdw. I have refilled the starter carts twice with no drop in print quality. Good for documents etc.

If I want photos printed I go to the supermarket with a USB stick

I had a Samsung ml1210 (had a plug in the cartridge end Ie v easy to refill) it did 20k pages before the paper feed started playing up. Only ever bought 2 cartridges iirc, but loads of toner. I replaced it with a colour Samsung laser. Huge thing that you couldn't refill and a full set of cartridges was more than the brother printer...

Hope this helps

Graeme

After having various inkjet over the years and not being a regular ( day to day printer ) I would never go back to one after getting a laser printer ...no clogged heads , no wasting ink on head cleans , just turn it on and print ....every time ...

I currently have a colour laser printer I got given with an extra set of toners.
Some of them are running low now and its going to cost me dearly for new ones.

Me, I'd just go back to the black and white laser I also have, however I am informed that if I do not replace these then I'll be making my own tea from now on. lol

Laser is the way to go.

I currently have a colour laser printer I got given with an extra set of toners.
Some of them are running low now and its going to cost me dearly for new ones.

Me, I'd just go back to the black and white laser I also have, however I am informed that if I do not replace these then I'll be making my own tea from now on. lol

Laser is the way to go.
Yes, the cost of toner cartridges is certainly off-putting when you consider that each colour and black might cost upwards of £70! However, when you consider how many pages you can print, I'm sure you'd find that laser printing works out cheaper.

Add to that the fact that there is no need to waste ink through cleaning the print heads, and the advantage of quicker prints, I'd agree with you that Laser is the way to go.

Sponsored Links
Back