thoughts on induction floodlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to change the 300w flood on the drive to a 50w LED with PIR. Looked around and saw this 40W induction which apparently gives double the light of a HID unit but they last 80-100k hours so better than LED I guess.

Anyone used these and would they be suitable for use with a PIR? They apparently take a few seconds to warm up.

Here is a link to what I found: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-PERF...I_Lights_Lighting_ET&var=&hash=item417791e686

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
How big is the area you're trying to light? A 10W LED is normally enough for a standard domestic drive, and 30W would be more than enough.

Not had much to do with induction lighting, but I know for sure LED works well, and will give you trouble free service for years to come.

Sponsored Links
There are two opposing views on the frequent switching on induction lamps. The lamps should be able to cope as there are no electrodes, but the control gear can fail if required to switch on and off frequently.
We have induction high bays on our site and they give good output, on a par with MH but less running costs.

The driveway fits the equvlant of 4 Golf's on the drive, Two in front two behind etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back