Thousands will die!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8137115.stm

So the confirmed cases of swine flu is just over 7,000, 7 of which have died.

So using this rough statistic, then approx 1 in 1000 people who contract the disease, will die.

The government have warned that we could be seeing 100,000 cases of swine flu a day by the end of August :eek:

do the sums

2206_mourning_over_dead_friend.gif

Sponsored Links
From what I have read, most of those who died had other severe health problems.
Your every day flu will kill thousands this winter.

From what I have read, most of those who died had other severe health problems.
Your every day flu will kill thousands this winter.

But this is not your everyday flu, and there are many more people with severe health problems, still to contract the disease.

Plus, once the levels reach 100,000 a day, the health service will be far too stretched to treat individual cases, and thus the percentage of victims receiving treatment will be lower, meaning even more deaths.

If 1 in 1000 seems alarming, think that 170 out of 34,000 have died in the US, that's 1 in every 200 so far!

Maybe they aren't telling us the real truth, to avoid widespread panic. Think about it, if the population numbers drop accordingly, the OAP and unemployed figures will drop sharply.
Another 'victory' for Nu-Labour, and we'll vote them back in again
:eek:

Time to retrain as a coffin maker, methinks I might hit the jackpot
bingo.gif

Sponsored Links
So the confirmed cases of swine flu is just over 7,000, 7 of which have died. the disease, will die.

So put that in perspective, on average, 10 people die on the roads every day, and yet there's no mass hysteria about that :rolleyes:

170 Americans? That must weigh as much as a mediocre celestial body?

Paul

My daughter has been diagnosed with it today. She's a student and hangs out in student pubs.

I told her to get some oinkment.

The Spanish flu of 1918 started just like this one. It came in during the spring as a mild flu and then seemed to fade away. Then it came back that winter with a vengeance and killed up to 100 million worldwide. You could go down with it in the morning and be dead by nightfall. Same type too - both H1N1.

Sponsored Links
Back