Thread for arguing about "Transformer or SMPS"

It's all been said before but -

The problem is that some people will only accept that a {whatever}, where {whatever} is an ordinary word which itself means something, can only be use for the first device which was manufactured to achieve the desired result.
That is {transformer} (word meaning 'that which transforms' - which simply means 'changes') can only be the original Victorian lump of metal and not a modern device which achieves the same result.

It is the same as saying a cooker can only be a device manufactured from cast iron which cooks by burning wood and a modern electric - and electronic - one which does the same is not a cooker, even though it cooks.
Also, a printer can only be a man who sets type and the modern electronic device is not a printer, even though it prints.

Simply - anything which {verb} is a {verb}er; anything which transforms IS a transformer.

Sponsored Links
(sorry I have to use different colour to reply as I haven't worked out how to reply to your each point in quotes.)
In the same way you highlight what you write and then click the buttons to change the colour you highlight what the other person has written and click the buttons to turn it into a quote.

It's all been said before but -

The problem is that some people will only accept that a {whatever}, where {whatever} is an ordinary word which itself means something, can only be use for the first device which was manufactured to achieve the desired result.
I wish them luck in lavatories.

In the same way you highlight what you write and then click the buttons to change the colour you highlight what the other person has written and click the buttons to turn it into a quote.
I think I got it now, still might need a bit of practice to do multi-quote, thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can, of course, "Quote" the whole text and insert "[/quote]" at the appropriate place, type your reply, then insert "[quοte]" before the next bit that you want to include, deleting the bits you don't want.

screenshot_1120.jpg

Back