Thread sizes 22mm compression

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I recently bought a Spirovent cheap off fleabay. It is the 22m size. I was going to give it a test run with flexible washing machine hoses, the threads look that size... but aren't.

It is a Dutch product, and has threads on it for 22mm compression.

What might it be, and is there a simple way to adapt it to 3/4" BSP?

(OOI, the Magnaclean can be fitted, as a temporary trial, using washing machine hoses)

Sponsored Links
I recently bought a Spirovent cheap off fleabay. It is the 22m size. I was going to give it a test run with flexible washing machine hoses, the threads look that size... but aren't.

It is a Dutch product, and has threads on it for 22mm compression.

What might it be, and is there a simple way to adapt it to 3/4" BSP?

(OOI, the Magnaclean can be fitted, as a temporary trial, using washing machine hoses)

buy a thread gauge to see what it is.

lol why the long face john?

they are not expensive.

Sponsored Links
no engineering supplier in my high street

will ask my neighbour at the weekend, he's a rocket scientist.

A thread form gauge will only show you the form and number of threads per inch and a set of these gauges will not be worth it in my opinion.
The thread will most likely be metric and threads per inch will be different from bsp (which is of whitworth form anyhow).
You can hold two male threads side by side to see if they match up or try measuring to get the TPI.

The spirovent is a standard BSP thread, so any FI x copper will do.

Conex 3/4 x 22 303 is the compression fitting

Endex 3/4 x 22 N2 or N7 are the solder types, N2 fit the fittng N7 the pipe.

thanks DIA!

mine have threaded male spigots, and it is supplied with compression nuts and olives in 22mm size

not sure I understand... held against a 3/4" BSP it looks almost the same to the eye, but is fractionally larger... a plastic tap fixing screw starts to go on, but won't screw on. A 3/4 radiator nut wont even start. the TPI seems to match when I put a threaded rad connector against it

FI is Female Iron, right?

What should I be looking for?

The spirovent is threaded 3/4" BSP, any female fitting will fit. The tap connector will also be 3/4" and should fit, so maybe you have a damaged thread, the radiator nut is not a bsp thread.

When I say the tap connector will fit it will not be a suitble fitting because of the ridge on the inside

Reading your last post does it fit 22mm tube, and what are you trying to get too.

Ok forget all the above you want to get to 3/4" male iron.

An endex N8 will fit the Spirovent with the nut and olive and terminate in 3/4" bsp.

The Yorkshire fitting is an YP 8

I wanted to put a washing machine hose on it, so I can do a temp fit out of interest, and see what it can find in my rads

washing m/c hoses are 3/4" BSP, aren't they? I was able to fit a Magnaclean that way a while ago to try it out.

luckily my rad valves are the same thread so I can put the other end of the hoses on there and get a good leak-free fit (vented system).

p.s. the rad hoses will fit on the "drain hose" connector at the bottom, where you squirt the dirt out, but I can see this is fractionally smaller than the thread for the 22mm compression

I wanted to put a washing machine hose on it, so I can do a temp fit out of interest, and see what it can find in my rads

washing m/c hoses are 3/4" BSP, aren't they? I was able to fit a Magnaclean that way a while ago to try it out.

luckily my rad valves are the same thread so I can put the other end of the hoses on there and get a good leak-free fit (vented system).

p.s. the rad hoses will fit on the "drain hose" connector at the bottom, where you squirt the dirt out, but I can see this is fractionally smaller than the thread for the 22mm compression

See my edited post above

OK, thanks, I have looked up the N8 and I see it looks like a plain 22mm short pipe stub at one end, which will be gripped by the compression nut and olive, with the 3/4" threaded at the other.

thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back