Threaded bar on push pop up waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what the threaded rod you get with a push pop up basin waste is for please?

It has a chrome domed head on, which you can unscrew, and a square nut on. About 10cm long. I've not got a pic of it and cant find one one the interweb at present.

TIA

Sponsored Links
a pop up waste only has two rods anyway one that go's through the basin tap vertical and the horizontal one that useally has a nylon ball on one end.

Thanks Kevplumb, I did think so, as in it screws up from underneath then set the square lock nut to the required height? I did try it there but was difficult to screw in, and thought it odd why it has a nice finished chrome domed head to fit on when it is hidden in the inside of the slotted waste.

Thanks for your reply too seco, but you dont have any actuating/connecting rods with a push pop up! Think you are thinking of a lever action pop up.

Sponsored Links
ah sorry yes.

10cm is just to long for it to be anything to do with your waste then.

thinking-023.GIF

ah sorry yes.

10cm is just to long for it to be anything to do with your waste then.

Quite!

I've fitted it anyway and it all operates perfectly, but didn't want to miss something out.

It might not be quite as long as 10cm, just going from memory. I'll check it out tommorow and maybe take a pic.

Thanks for your quick responses tho folks!

They sometimes sent a dummy chain hanger to block the hole where the chain would have been :idea:

They sometimes sent a dummy chain hanger to block the hole where the chain would have been :idea:

Mr Picasso, you have just won the internet!!!!!!!

Thats it! Case solved. It's a new basin too so dont need it but that'll be it.

They could of at least provided some instructions or even just an inventory of parts, but nope.

Thanks again all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back