Three bricks to put in

I

imamartian

we recently had the gas fire taken out, and the flue with it... i now have to put in three (or four) bricks to fill in the hole, but i don't want to buy a bag of cement and a bag of sand and end up binning most of it. Could i buy a bag od postcrete, mix it in a bucket and use that to cement in my bricks?

Sponsored Links
Nah, buy a small bag of ready mixed about 5 or 10 kg is the sold weight.
Or a small bag of Prompt, but work bloody fast :D

No air brick?

Nah, buy a small bag of ready mixed about 5 or 10 kg is the sold weight.
Or a small bag of Prompt, but work bloody fast :D

No air brick?

Thanks Alarm. Not heard of Prompt before... will google that.

And no, no airbrick as fire has gone, gas capped and wall boarded and plastered.. (it's a timber framed house)...

Most DIY shops sell small bags of sand and cement ready mixed in the correct amount for small jobs like this, just add water.

Sponsored Links
Most DIY shops sell small bags of sand and cement ready mixed in the correct amount for small jobs like this, just add water.

Yep, a bit obvious really :oops: ... i mostly do woodwork... lol.

Will be down to Wickes tomorrow... thanks again !!

Cap the terminal or install a trickle vent or you will get damp from condensaton within the redundant flue. may not be noticable but it will occur

Cap the terminal or install a trickle vent or you will get damp from condensaton within the redundant flue. may not be noticable but it will occur

There is no flue, it's all gone. Internal wall patched up, just need to put in the bricks to finish off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back