Three Way Valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could somebody help with a problematic three way valve?

The system has a Thorn Olympic boiler, a Grundfos pump and a Switchmaster three way valve.

I have recently drained the system to replace a blocked pipe. Everything worked ok beforehand but now I can't get any hot water when the heating is on.

If "heating and water" is selected the three way valve moves to "heating" only. If I move the valve manually to "heating and water" it just returns to "heating". If I then select "water only" on the panel the valve will go to "water".

Thanks in advance

Clink

Sponsored Links
Don't get me wrong - I'm no expert but...

what was blocking your pipe? could this now be jamming the valve?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious!

Blocked with what? :eek: - Just curious...

Switchmaster is no longer made most of these were replaced a good few years ago best advice is drain system and change for Honeywell 3 way valve do note that the wiring is not the same as Switchmaster is a fully motorised valve and Honeywell is a spring return valve

Sponsored Links
Our central heating pipes are 8mm microbore and a feed pipe into one of the radiators was blocked with what looked like a lump of gravel. I had to cut the pipe and rod it out.

Thanks for the tip about the valve but it seems to have cured itself.

Clink

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back