threshold on continuous laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On our landing I plan to have laminate flooring which will also be in the bedrooms and the toilet. Do I need to have thresholds under the doors leading off the landing as its the same floor in all the rooms. There doesn't seem to be any need for thresholds but am I missing some practical reason why you should have thresholds even though the floor is the same in all the rooms

Sponsored Links
you need a 12mm expansion join around the edge off the room the doorway is the edge off the room
now in general you can get away with 6m on a 12mm gap but not always
are you planning on greater than 6m??

what you can do is do it properly everywhere else and be prepared to cut out 30mm and introduce a strip as nessesery

I see your point about expansion. The real reason why I wanted to avoid fitting a threshold was because I would have had to trim more off the new door I am fitting. I now think I have solved the problem with trimming the door so its probably best that I keep the thresholds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back