Exterior door threshold wood floor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have put down engineered real wood floor in the hallway and i am having a nightmare where it arrives at the front door.
My new front door arrives on Saturday and i need to get the threshold sorted before then.
The problem is that the wood floor is a good 20mm higher than the concrete that the original threshold sits on so it's just going to look terrible when they but up.

Is there a threshold specially designed thershold for wood floor? Ideally i would like a threshold that clamps down onto the wood floor (wood floor goes underneith threshold) as this would keep the floor pressed firmly down. Help please!!

Sponsored Links
maybe i've misunderstood you, but if the floor is 20mm higher than the concrete, then the top of the sill of the door frame should be about 30-40mm higher than the floor.

this is fairly normal, although personally i would like it level with the internal floor, and would lower the concrete/brickwork to make it so.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I lowered/cut into the concrete floor by an inch and fitted a hardwood sill and new thershold ;o)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back