Tile bathroom, what would you do it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm about to start on the bathroom, plan is to rip it all out (bath, toilet and sink) then take the plasterboard walls down as they old and crap, re-board walls, fit new bath etc, then tile all walls + floor, ceiling will be over-boarded and skimmed unless I'm advised against that,

Firstly, is that the order you guys would do it in? if not, which order?

Big question is probably the most annoying :oops: as I keep reading so many different things! - which board should I use to tile onto? some say normal board then skim and tile onto that, others say normal without skim but pva seal, others say aqua board, others say no. UGH

There won't be a shower, just a bath

Tiles are approx 25kg a pack/m2

Huge thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
in answer to the board question, use a tile backer board such as no-more-ply, wedi or hardie of knauf aquaboard (cement based one). This is essential in the wet areas, you can save a bit of cash by using MR plasterboard in the dry areas - dont skim either of them, theres absolutely no point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back