Tile Bead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to use tile bead when tiling my bathroom window sill, do I have to leave the tile slightly above the window ledge to allow for the adhesive and then the tile that sits on top or does the tile go go flush to the height of the window sill and then the bead sits on top. As I thought if it goes flush to the height when you put the tile on it will be higher?

Hopefully this makes sense?,

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Lay loose cuts of tile and see whether it would look better with the trim under the window ledge tile, or behind the wall tile. Then you can work out where your finish levels are.

Thanks Alan, normally though if it goes under the window tile would you leave the tile slightly higher than the ledge to allow for adeshive? Thanks again.

The adhesive will squash down to about the same thickness as the tile trim, but I'd leave a little leeway.

Sponsored Links
Tile thickness + 2mm = trim depth needed. This will allow for the adhesive to bed down to the correct level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back