Tile cutters - Rubi / Husqvarna

S

sanj.varah

Has anyone tried any of these machines? I have bought some porcelain tiles that are about 10mm thick and my electric tile cutter just isn't up to it.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm thinking either a Rubi machine or the Husqvarna TC670 which is on ebay?

any advice gratefully appreciated.

thanks

sanj

Sponsored Links
Sanj,
The last job that I did before Christmas was tiling a bathroom, walls and floor, all the same tiles, 600x300x10mm porcelain. All the straight cuts, even the narrow ones, the Rubi TS 60 Plus cut them no problem. The only time I used the wet wheel was on some of the cut outs/corners etc. I would be lost without the Rubi's, (I have the TS 50 Plus as well) and can thoroughly recommend them. I don't know about the Husqvarna TC670, so I can't comment on it.

Roughcaster.

Sanj,
The last job that I did before Christmas was tiling a bathroom, walls and floor, all the same tiles, 600x300x10mm porcelain. All the straight cuts, even the narrow ones, the Rubi TS 60 Plus cut them no problem. The only time I used the wet wheel was on some of the cut outs/corners etc. I would be lost without the Rubi's, (I have the TS 50 Plus as well) and can thoroughly recommend them. I don't know about the Husqvarna TC670, so I can't comment on it.

Roughcaster.

what he said, well most of it, i never tiled the same bathroom so i dont know if he is lying or not :LOL:

Sponsored Links
okay thanks guys, i think i'll get the rubi. just the videos of the husqvarna look quite impressive. Having said that i'm not a tiler!

sanj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back