Tile cutting to fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am tiling around the bath and the wall of the long face of the bath needs 6 whole tiles width( 250mm tiles ). However the last tile needs chopping off only 20mm.

Now it's very hard taking only 20mm with a tile cutter unless I use the electric one with the wheel but it will take me ages and it does chip the tiles on the edges.

Would you rather recommend that I use five whole tiles( 250mm) and and two equal width tiles ( for left and right as on diagram ?( Diagram not accurate just for illustrating purposes )

My wall is 1510mm wide, using 330 x 250 tiles ( 6 x 250 = 1500mm ) 2mm spacers. It should really be fine but unfortunatelly it's not.

Any suggestions please ?

Sponsored Links
On the whole, symmetry is the key.

What's wrong with your electric tile cutter? Trust you're using it correctly, with water and face side up.

You should really be taking 10mm off each end tile. ;)
Your tiles are chipping because they're poor quality or your blade is bug.gered.

View media item 13166
Not sure if the cuts would look too small but this might be an alternative,mark the centre of the tile and fit that inline with the centre of the wall mark as in pic,this would leave cuts of about 100mm either side.

Ideally best to go the way of your pic in op and trim off with wet saw,what kind of tiles are they?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back