Tile failure

H

hotrod

Hi, got a couple of gaps (2mm-12mm) in between WBP boards where I need to rebed tiles due to failure. What can I fill these gaps with, am rebedding the tiles on 1-part flexi - can I use this to fill the small gaps and maybe trim some timber fillets into the larger gaps, or can I use this for the 12mm gaps as well?

Or am I best off using something like this?

Thanks for any advice guys :D

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, some more info would be useful to understand why you had the failure; why you have such large gaps & exactly where they are, over a joist or unsupported? Adhesive can be used to fill out up to a point but if the edges of the board are unsupported, it will just fail again.

Don’t use wood filler.

Oh dear, some more info would be useful to understand why you had the failure; why you have such large gaps & exactly where they are.

Rich, I know exactly why the tiles have failed - it's because the ruddy tiler spot bedded the things and didn't do the floor prep properly - it's not my job, but having lifted the cracked ones I ain't getting the tiler back that's for sure. It's only a couple I can sort myself - no worries.

I'll fill with flexi-addy / timber fillets. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, some more info would be useful to understand why you had the failure; why you have such large gaps & exactly where they are.

Rich, I know exactly why the tiles have failed - it's because the ruddy tiler spot bedded the things and didn't do the floor prep properly - it's not my job, but having lifted the cracked ones I ain't getting the tiler back that's for sure. It's only a couple I can sort myself - no worries.

I'll fill with flexi-addy / timber fillets. Cheers.

screw the fillets down, not nail, also flexi grout ;) but if he has dot and dabbed all the tiles be prepared for it to start happening all over, he was`nt a tile fixer you employed mate ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back