Tile levelling systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody use a tile levelling system?

I'm tiling my shower-room and want to avoid lippage on the floor tiles. These levelling systems seem very popular in the states but are thin on the ground in the UK.

Here's a video illustrating their use:

The shower room is small so unit cost is not really an issue.

Anyone used one before and able to recommend it? I'd prefer a wedge-based one that doesn't require a tool.

Sponsored Links
Not at all thin on the ground vitrex ones (screwfix / amazon), B&Q do Diall ones and chinese copies with larger wedges available on ebay (can't vouch for them). They are fine if used correctly...

yep use them as a matter of course nowadays. they aren't a levelling system though. if your floor is out or has hollows be careful as when you tighten them up you can end up lifting the tile out of the adhesive and leaving a hollow under the tiles, you still need to make sure that you have a sufficient bed of adhesive under your tiles.
plenty of them available over here, most have a slightly curved backer so I use a bigger notched trowel than usual for example if I would normally use a 6mm trowel I would use a 10mm with lash clips

Sponsored Links
I used them on my bathroom floor. Worked pretty well in my opinion. However, you use more than you think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back