tile on tile on tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to a quote last night, only a small job in the bathroom, they had tiles up on 2 walls, anyway guy wants me to tile on tile.

so i tell him fors and againsts (if you know me and are reading this, there are not many fors!)

he then divulges the info that it is already tiled on tile and have had no probs, so i naturally say then ther is absolutly no option but to strip to wall, as tile on tile on tile is ridiculous, so he then tells me there are THREE layers of tiles up.

so i say to him so you were asking me to put a new layer up????

he says yes if the wall would take the weight, to which i tell him im suprised it does already, all tiles underneath are 15 x 15 and "professionally" put up.

im in shock any pro tiler would seriously put a third layer up, but i guess some dont give a poo poo.

i dont think ill be getting the job to be honest as he didnt like my answers and negativity on t on t on t on t :LOL:

Sponsored Links
To be honest, it's not really a job you would want though really is it. :rolleyes:

i dont think ill be getting the job to be honest as he didnt like my answers and negativity on t on t on t on t :LOL:

Whilst I'm no tiler, it sounds like not getting the job is preferrable, if it was me, i'd quote for stripping back, then re-tiling, making it clear that you would not consider any other option, and advising the client about the potential dangers, i.e. wall collapsing. but it sounds like you've already done that, so what else can you do, at least you've maintained your professonalism.

Sponsored Links
told him the quote was only for doing the job correctly, and yes RC dude, i wont be losing sleep if he doesnt call!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back