Tile or not to tile on small slope?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was thinking of tiling on the two sloped areas of the boxing where it meets the ceiling (and the small upright wall to the side of the slope) to get a better finish to match the other walls.

Is there such a thing as the right or wrong thing to do in this situation?

is it normally safe to do this if glued properly?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
u587162, good evening.

Short answer is Yes you can, BUT?

Suggest you [before you start] to fit the tiles you make and ensure there is a good "Fit" for a support to restrain the tile [that is individual tiles as you fit them]

I have seen this done before, the "support" is / was a length of 50.mm x 50.mm with a second piece to form a "T" overall shape.

Make sure you have a firm footing for the support, and try to get the support to be at right angles to the tile or tiles being fixed?

Hope this makes sence?

Ken.

I think I understand :)

Basically just make sure that they are safely held in place whilst they dry off right? Will make sure my builder does it properly. But generally once hard / dry, they should be ok right? Shouldnt fall off onto my daughter some 2 years later!?

Sponsored Links
u587162, good evening, again.

Yes will stay put if adhesive is done correctly they will stay up.

About 7 years ago + my Son had his bathroom tiled including the soffit of a down stand beam that tile has not moved despite the flat being over the Glasgow Subway and subject to very mild vibrations

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back