Tiled enclosure round electric stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have done a nice bit of DIY on my house, painting / ceiling lights etc but have always used a tradesman for tiling and timber floors

However i have a stove area in my living room where we have an electric stove .At the moment its just a plastered area with limestone on the bottom. I want to tile the floor using tiles i already have (i reckon a couple of tiles will suffice) and then i want to put one of these on top

Heat Design - Staggered Oyster Slate Chamber.

I have zero tiling experience and knowledge but i do know this is a tiny job and would be difficult to even get a tiler to do so i want to try myself. I have a good few tiles so can make mistakes

1. How do i begin :)
2. I presume i will have to remove the cream timber lip around the outside
3. I put the tiles down first and the chamber down on top or do i put chamber in first and then tile up to it ?
4. Stove area is standard size but if its out a little bit, i will have to cut the chamber ?
5. should i put full tiles at outside of area and if i have to cut then put them ones at the back ?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me here. If this jobs is tricky then please just say get a tradesman but i am fairly handy and i reckon this is easy??

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
If the photo is of your present set-up then it wont fly for a solid fuel burner.
FWIW: why not look back over my recent posts on this subject? Or any other posts.

You should have an on-site consultation with a HETAS before going any further - you should also window shop for a burner to give the HETAS an idea of what you want.

Sponsored Links
We are staying with the electric stove - just looking for a hearth / chamber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back