Tiles Falling off wall

Just to be clear, the only seal im talking about is from the tile surface to the top of the bath.

A non tanked room, tiled and sealed properly will be resistant enough for splashes from the bath, and if done well, the shower too. It obviously isnt good enough for any mid or long term submersion so there shouldnt be any ledges water can sit for a long time.

Sponsored Links
No i wasnt there for the work i wasnt even living there when it was done. bath was empty when i seen it and work was completed.

Thanks for your help

yeah where the tile meets the bath there was a silicone seal and the only ledges i could think of would be the top of the bath.

Thanks for all your help Graemevw
. My builder is coming back This Monday to have another look so when he does i'll know more but thanks for all your help.

Sponsored Links
As Graemevw says, we werent there, the problem with internet forums (and opinions) is that we have the benefit of hindsight and are assuming lots of things. Your builder may be reasonable - just discuss it with him and see what he's prepared to do.

It sounds like water ingress from the shower

Movement in the bath,thus silicone seal broken thus water ingress thus tiles popping/blowing.....how is the bath fixed to the wall..???....take the bath panel off and see if you have any brackets......tell him tae put a timber stud across it to help hold bath up/onto wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back